Archive for category damage

Saanich Fire – Smart Meter Removed

Several people have asked about the “mysterious fire” in Saanich early Wed. morning.  The video seems to indicate a potential involvement with the smart meter.  At 0.34 you can see the meter base with the missing meter. Why was the meter missing? The investigation is ongoing. At 1.:12 you can see well the smoke and smudgy […]

Owner unhappy smart meter didn’t catch $5k water leak

Despite a high-tech water meter with real-time monitoring, one Abbotsford property owner didn’t know his pipes were leaking until heracked up more than $5,000 in water fees — and sent over half a million litres of water down the drain. Darshan Sharma, who rents out a commercial property owned by his wife Nirmla on Montrose Avenue, was surprised to get a water billover $500 two weeks ago. His building, currently rented to an antique furniture seller, has two toilets and three sinks, and water usagefor the property has seldom exceeded $20 per month. When he called the city, they told him his next water bill was already over $5,000.

Itron Meter Problems

Examples of Itron Smart Meter Fires in British Columbia Canada

Hydro-Quebec worker breaks into house to install optional smart meter

11:02 am, December 23rd, 2014   Credits: FILE PHOTO/QMI AGENCY SAINT-AGATHE-DES-MONTS, Que. – A Hydro-Quebec worker appears to have missed the memo that said the new smart meters are optional. The worker faces disciplinary measures for breaking into a home north of Montreal to install a new digital counter. Homeowner Lucie Racicot caught the installer […]

Fire from BC Hydro Smart Meter

Smart Meter Explosion & Fire by GIST Anti-smart meter activist Serge Vaillancourt of Nanaimo phoned Chris Anderson, Gulf Islanders for Safe Technology spokesperson, at 2PM today. Serge reports that he was interviewed at his home today by CHEK TV. The News Crew was following up a call about a smart meter explosion and fire at […]

Radio : StopSmartMeters talks to CKNW

Walter McGinnis speaks to CKNW’s Bill Good on Oct 12

Fridge blows after smart meter installed

Richmond Review – News Shellmont resident Jack Rochfort was forced to buy a new refrigerator after his blew following the installation of a smart meter at his 42-year-old Richmond home. Matthew Hoekstra photo By Matthew Hoekstra – Richmond Review Published: August 24, 2011 10:00 AM Updated: August 24, 2011 4:39 PM An 81-year-old Richmond man […]