Archive for category fire

Another power meter catches fire at Regina home

The charred remains of a power meter after a fire at a home on Pettingell Street in Regina Monday evening. (Adam Hunter/CBC)   ‘I’m glad it happened today,’ says homeowner just back from holiday CBC News Posted: Jul 31, 2017 9:45 PM CT Last Updated: Jul 31, 2017 9:45 PM CT   Ground shifting due to the […]

Toronto Smart Meter Fire

A GTA resident recently came home to find his hydro smart meter fully engulfed in flames. Kevin Zeller soon found out he was responsible for most of the hardware used by Hydro One and was slapped with a bill for $5,000. – FULL VIDEO

Smart meter fire in Florida killed 12 horses, injured more

“12 horses dead. Two firefighters hurt after a fire at South Florida Trotting Center in West Lake Worth.” A smart meter fire in Florida killed 12 horses, injured more.  GE smeter, program started in 2009. “Fire investigators said it was an electrical malfunction that blew the power meter, which in turn set a large pile […]

Smart Meter Fire in Owen Sound

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:15 PM by Matthew Sanderson Fire officials say a number of electrical issues could have caused the small fire. A picture of the damage caused by a fire in a smart meter in Owen Sound. (photo from @IAFF531)  Owen Sound, Ontario A smart meter caught on fire at a home in Owen Sound. […]

Meter installations a fire risk, electrician says

Westsyde resident arrested again while resisting meter swap  January 7, 2016 2:35 P.M. Two days before Christmas, James Dreyer was arrested outside his Westsyde home after he allegedly assaulted B.C. Hydro staff attempting to change his electrical meter. It wasn’t the first time Dreyer has had a brush with the law. A little over a year ago, the married […]

CERTIFICATION BODY (UL) DECLARES SMART METERS TO BE FIRE HAZARDS.

Smart meters have failed, melted and caused fires in British Columbia. While BC Hydro continues to deny that these devices pose risk of fires, Underwriters Laboratory admits it in its introduction of a “voluntary” standard: “… design flaws in smart meter units have been known to cause serious fire hazards and spotty performance. This has caused […]

Quebec : Fire starts close to a smart meter

These devices are not dangerous, said Hydro-Québec  VALERIE GONTHIER   Thursday, November 12, 2015   A fire that destroyed a single family home in Ormstown this weekend had arisen at the place where is located the smart meter. This fire occurred last Sunday on Julie Street in Ormstown Montérégie aroused once more concerns from some users […]

Tags:

Saanich Fire – Smart Meter Removed

Several people have asked about the “mysterious fire” in Saanich early Wed. morning.  The video seems to indicate a potential involvement with the smart meter.  At 0.34 you can see the meter base with the missing meter. Why was the meter missing? The investigation is ongoing. At 1.:12 you can see well the smoke and smudgy […]

Beware PG&E Smart Meters

Beware PG&E Smart Meters by blownnova – NORCAL-LSX forum – October 10, 2015: http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92048 posted October 10, 2015, 09:28 AM by blownnova On 08/31 I came home from work I had been working a lot of OT, I came home to a house with no power which I find out later that due to working so much […]

Quebec : Another Smart Meter Fire

Farnham A smart meter in flames First published August 14, 2015 at 6:51 p.m. A fire in a smart meter could have serious consequences earlier this week Farhnam in the Eastern Townships. According to firefighters, it is almost that the house is on fire. The fire caused damage to electrical installations. Fortunately, the coating of […]