ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION HEALTH ALLIANCE (BC)
Many scientific studies strongly indicate that electromagnetic radiation (EMR), which includes the extremely low frequencies (ELF), the radio frequencies (RF) and microwave (MW) radiation, is hazardous to life and constitutes a significant threat to public health on a global scale. This conclusion is based on credible research, spanning decades of scientific inquiry.
“Our mission is to advocate for the health of the public and the natural world by: enhancing local, Provincial, National, and International efforts to reduce, mitigate, and wherever possible, eliminate hazardous exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR).”
We also seek to be a resource network and advocate for the under-represented segment of the population suffering from Electromagnetic-Hypersensitivity (EHS), a condition acknowledged by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the health regimes of various countries.
Ultimately, our goal is to reduce electromagnetic pollution in order to benefit the collective health of the human and natural world. This we hope to accomplishthrough public education:
• about the biological effects and environmental concerns associated with EMR;
• about the means by which local governments may protect their residents, as is their legal responsibility;
• about the public’s right to full disclosure of ambient EMR levels in their living/working environments;
• about means by which individuals and communities may remediate excessive EMR exposure
1) The EM Radiation Health Alliance supports the development of public exposure limits based on the potential effects of non-ionizing (non-thermal) electromagnetic radiation. We advocate for substantially reduced exposure values in line with the Precautionary Principle, and as recommended by the Bioinitiative Project report.
2) To promote the development of municipal bylaws and provincial/national laws to reduce or eliminate exposure to levels of EMR that are considered dangerous by scientists;
3) To survey and disseminate research on non-ionizing EMR for individuals and groups working to inform and protect themselves and their communities from EM Radiation exposure, in order to assist with public health advocacy and lobbying.
4) To develop a support system of information and networking for communities and EHS sufferers faced with unsafe wireless communication through a website, blog, newsletter or whatever means the board sees fit to distribute information;
5) To support individuals building an EMR-aware relationship with family doctors, providing education regarding health symptoms associated with prolonged exposure to EMR, including but not limited to Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS);
6) To advocate for low EMR housing, work and school environments for those suffering EHS or related disabilities. This could include, but is not limited to, fostering awareness and standards for EMR safe workplaces.
DISCLAIMER: The goals and objectives are subject to periodic review by the elected directors of the Alliance as conditions require, but always in harmony with the primary mission stated in the Preamble.
• Citizens for Safe Technology – Lower Mainland www.citizensforsafetechnology.org
• SCORE ( Summerland Citizens Opposed to Radiofrequency Emissions )
• Safe in Schools – Lower Mainland www.safeinschool.org
• Citizens for Safe Technology – Victoria
• CAUSE (Citizens Against Unsafe Emissions) – Victoria / Colwood www.causetm.ca
• Gulf Islanders for Safe Technology - www.gifst.ca
• Unite Against Microcell Transmitters - Facebook
• Coalition to Stop Smart Meters in BC – www.stopsmartmetersbc.com
Initiative Petition to Stop Smart Meters in British Columbia
Member of the Wireless Radiation Safety Council
Keep in touch with WRSC via their YouTube Channel
Available in the Archives section of this website
EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC Disclaimer
1. Acceptance of our Terms
By visiting the website EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC, viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by our Terms your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use the services of EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC and that your use of EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC Disclaimer shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
2. Provision of Services
You agree and acknowledge that EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC is entitled to modify, improve or discontinue any of its services at its sole discretion and without notice to you even if it may result in you being prevented from accessing any information contained in it. Furthermore, you agree and acknowledge that EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC is entitled to provide services to you through subsidiaries or affiliated entities.
3. Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC may contain proprietary and confidential information including trademarks, service marks and patents protected by intellectual property laws and international intellectual property treaties. EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC authorizes you to view and make a single copy of portions of its content for offline, personal, non-commercial use. Our content may not be sold, reproduced, or distributed without our written permission. Any third-party trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners. Any further rights not specifically granted herein are reserved.
4. Submitted Content
When you submit content to EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC you simultaneously grant EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free license to publish, display, modify, distribute and syndicate your content worldwide. You confirm and warrant that you have the required authority to grant the above license to EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC.
5. Termination of Agreement
The Terms of this agreement will continue to apply in perpetuity until terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason. Terms that are to continue in perpetuity shall be unaffected by the termination of this agreement.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that your use of EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC is entirely at your own risk and that our services are provided “As Is” and “As Available”. EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC does not make any express or implied warranties, endorsements or representations whatsoever as to the operation of the EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC website, information, content, materials, or products. This shall include, but not be limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and warranties that access to or use of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected.
7. Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC and any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages. Information issued on behalf of the EM Radiation Health Alliance does not constitute nor does it imply advice of a specific medical nature. This shall include, but not be limited to damages for loss of profits, business interruption, business reputation or goodwill, loss of programs or information or other intangible loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the service, or information, or any permanent or temporary cessation of such service or access to information, or the deletion or corruption of any content or information, or the failure to store any content or information. The above limitation shall apply whether or not EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages. In jurisdictions where the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages is not allowed the liability of EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
8. External Content
EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC may include hyperlinks to third-party content, advertising or websites. You acknowledge and agree that EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC is not responsible for and does not endorse any advertising, products or resource available from such resources or websites.
You expressly understand and agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country, state, province or territory determined solely by EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC to resolve any legal matter arising from this agreement or related to your use of EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC. If the court of law having jurisdiction, rules that any provision of the agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms and the remaining Terms will continue to be valid.
10. Entire Agreement
You understand and agree that the above Terms constitute the entire general agreement between you and EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC. You may be subject to additional Terms and conditions when you use, purchase or access other services, affiliate services or third-party content or material.
11. Changes to the Terms
EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion and without any notice. Changes to our Terms become effective on the date they are posted and your continued use of EM Radiation Health Alliance of BC after any changes to Terms will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
Jan 1, 2011.