I am a 56-year-old wife and mother. I do not use wireless technologies/microwave. I have had multiple chemical sensitivities for 19 years and I am very worried about wireless smart meters that will fill my home and neighbourhood with electro-magnetic radiation 24/7.

Wireless technologies proliferate without using the precautionary principle: “if an action or policy has a suspected risk of causing harm to the public or to the environment, in the absence of scientific consensus that the action or policy is harmful, the burden of proof that it is not harmful falls on those taking the action.”

Canada’s Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health report called An Examination of the Potential Health Impacts of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation recommends more long-term study.

International experts criticize Health Canada’s inadequate protection of Canadians from non-ionizing microwave radiation. World scientists warn about cumulative adverse effects of wireless technologies on all life.

I’m afraid I might develop electrohypersensitivity (illness caused by radio frequencies, microwave radiation, electromagnetic fields). Fifteen per cent of people using wireless smart meters suffer immediate health problems (headaches, insomnia, dizziness, heart arrhythmia, depression, nausea, memory loss).

When wireless smart meters are installed everywhere, where can we live and be safe?